One day a man went to see his doctor and said to him, ‘I’ve swallowed a horse,
doctor, and I feel very ill.’
The doctor thought for a few seconds and then said, ‘All right, Mr. Lloyd, I’ll
help you. Please lie down on this bed.’
The doctor’s nurse gave the man an injection, the man went to sleep, and the
doctor went out quickly to look for a horse in the town.
After half an hour he found one, borrowed it and took it into his office, so
when Mr. Lloyd woke up, it was there in front of him.
‘Here’s the horse, Mr. Lloyd,’ the doctor said. ‘I’ve taken it out of your
stomach, and it won’t give you any more trouble now.’
At first Mr. Lloyd was happy, but then he looked at the horse again and said,
‘But, doctor, my horse was white, and this one’s brown!’
A. Answer these questions.
- Did the doctor think, ‘This man has really swallowed a horse’? No hw knew he didnt swallow a horse thats why he got out to finde a horse.
- Why did the nurse give the man an injection? the nurse gave him an injection so he can go to sleep.
- What did the doctor do when he went out? when did doctor came out he tryed to finde a horse.
- What did Mr. Lloyd see when he woke up? he saw a brown horse.
- Why was Mr. Lloyd not happy when he looked at the horse
more carefully? because that was not his horse
B. Which words in the story on page 12 mean sick-physically or mentally ill; not well or healthy: visit-to go to a place in order to look at it, or to a person in order to spend time with them: discovered-to find information, a place, or an object, especially for the first time: pleased-happy or satisfied: fast-moving or happening quickly:
Ǟ. Put the number of the correct sentence under the correct picture.
- The nurse gave Mr. Lloyd an injection.
- The doctor went out into the street.
- Mr. Lloyd said, ‘I feel very ill.’
- Mr. Lloyd woke up.
- Mr. Lloyd came into the doctor’s office.
- Mr. Lloyd went to sleep.